lapband to DS? and Surgeon=Salesman.

catalina07
on 7/7/09 1:49 am - NY
Revision on 11/20/14
I JUST WANT TO THANK EVEYRONE. I NEVER IMAGINED THAT I WOULD GET SUCH A WONDERFUL AND SUPPORTIVE RESPONSE! I DIDNT EVEN CHECK BAC****IL NOW, A WEEK LATER! I WAS FEELING SO ALONE AND SO SAD... I THINK THIS HAS GIVEN ME SOME STRENGTH TO START OVER FROM THE BEGINNING. NEW RESEARCH, NEW SURGEON, NEW EVERYTHING. I HATE MY BAND. I HATE GETTING STUCK, BEING SCARED TO EAT WITH OTHER PEOPLE CAUSE I ALWAYS GET STUCK, THEN GETTING HOME AND BEING STILL HUNGRY AND ALL OF THE SUDDEN, THE BAND OPENS UP AND I CAN EAT EVERYTHING I COULDNT EAT AT THE RESTAURANT! AND BEING TOLD I FAILED...HURT. A LOT. I AM SO RELIEVED TO FIND OUT THAT THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE OUT THERE WITH EXACTLY THE SAME SITUATION AS ME. THANK YOU ALL SO, SO MUCH.

Revision: Band to Bypass - 11/20/14

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

mrsannie
on 7/9/09 2:52 am
I'm so sorry to hear you were treated like that!  I also have the Lap Band (and HATE IT and am in the process of a DS revision.)  I also lost very little weight.  When I visited my doctor, instead of offering me solutions (I never knew you could get a revision until I stumbled on it here,) he gave me a look like I'm a lazy slob and said "Well... aren't you exercising?"  That was it for me.  Any doctor with that little understanding of his patients is not getting my business!  He made me feel ashamed, like I failed again where everyone else succeeds.  Take my advice... Look on the boards here, ask for a doctor in your area and get a new one!

I wish you luck!

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
Most Active